Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Scratch Introduction For Kids New to Programming
Thursday, August 16, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM (PDT)
Mountain View, CA
Breakout Mentors is hosting a free event to provide a young student's first introduction to programming. We will be introducing the Scratch programming environment that allows beginners to create functional games quickly, while at the same time teaching important programming concepts and critical thinking skills. By the end of the session students will have enough familiarity with Scratch to create their own projects at home and the confidence to explore the more advanced features!
The fine print:
- The target student is in 4th to 7th grade with little to no programming (including Scratch) experience. If you have come to one of our previous free Scratch events, please let other students have the limited spots.
- 1 parent (or guardian) per student must stay in the back of the room (not more, not less due to venue requirements)
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before the start time so as to not disturb others at the co-working space
- Bring a laptop and charger (Windows, Mac, and Linux all support Scratch)
- Please pre-install Scratch at http://scratch.mit.edu/download to maximize our time programming
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-669-8789 for any questions!
When & Where
Brian Skinner, Founder of Breakout Mentors
Breakout Mentors provides after-school programming instruction to Bay Area students. We pair an experienced programming mentor with each student - they work 1-on-1 to make fun and creative games. With this setup the mentor is able to encourage the student’s creativity and introduce new concepts as the student is ready. No one-size-fits-all approach here!
To learn more, please visit breakoutmentors.com.